Perhaps the most powerful partnership in a child’s life is between her family and her teacher. Positive, collaborative and supportive relationships between providers and families enhance learning, activate parents as education advocates, strengthen families and build community.
We know that:
- 311,989 Indiana working families include children 5 years old and younger.
- Families of young children want their little learners to be in safe and welcoming environments, with caring educators who help them develop on track and prepare them for life and school.
- Early learning programs understand the value of family engagement and want to improve how they connect to families.
We believe that:
- Parents and families are the most important adults in the lives of children.
- They facilitate their children’s learning through decisions about early education and through the learning opportunities they create at home.
- Family engagement is key to the success of Indiana’s early learning system. Creating strong partnerships is a shared responsibility of providers, families and communities.