New Resource for Families — and for Providers, Too!
Beginning today, Hoosier families have a new resource to shed light on high-quality care and fun family ideas that boost brain growth — Brighter Futures Indiana. Our goal is simple: We support Indiana families as they nurture their children, at home and while in care. While this new website is designed to support families, it has plenty of great tools for Indiana early childhood providers.
What You’ll Find on Brighter Futures Indiana
We created this online tool to provide a lot of information. And we do it in plain language. What that means is that you won’t find a lot of jargon. But you will factual, research-based info and ideas including:
- Learning ideas for every age from zero to five years
- Info about your child’s development
- Details about Indiana’s Paths to QUALITY rating system
- A family-friendly version of the Indiana Early Learning Foundations for every age – babies, one-year-olds, two-year-olds, three-year-olds and pre-K learners
- Useful blog posts about mini milestones (like potty training and crawling), book ideas and building bonds with your child
- Free family fun ideas to help your little one grow with free Bloom Bright texts
There’s a ton of useful information on this site. You are free to use any of these resources. Whether you are a provider looking to help babies learn about math, toddlers learn how to express their feelings, or pre-K students gain science skills, we have you covered. And if you want to share info on potty training or caring for those first few teeth, we can help with that too!
Child Care Search Supports That Highlight Your Quality
The website also helps families be well-informed in their search for care, in ways that highlight your focus on quality. As families look for care, Brighter Futures Indiana has plenty of tools to help. They can:
- Check out Indiana’s Paths to QUALITY system and find out what each level means for your child.
- Learn about health and safety requirements.
- Explore the different kinds of settings — in homes, centers, schools and faith-based early learning settings.
- Find out about financial help for paying for care.
- Connect with Indiana’s Child Care Finder online search tool or the Brighter Futures Indiana support staff at 1-800-299-1627!
Brighter Futures Indiana is brought to Hoosiers through a partnership with the Indiana FSSA Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning and Early Learning Indiana, with additional support from the Lilly Endowment, Inc.